Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie for a Chilly Fall Day


I love chicken pot pie, and I am sooo ready for fall to hit. My entire apartment is full of fall smells. Pumpkin candles and apple cider. I just wish the weather would cooperate. I live in Seattle for a reason. I am so tired of all this "beautiful fall weather". Give me the fog and rain. I want wind storms and cold. Boots, scarves, gloves, and hats. I want the whole thing! 

So, in leiu of the fall that I am pining for, I will post a recipe for fall in individual servings.

What you'll need:

1 lb. Chicken Breast
1 Package frozen vegetables of your choice
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 12 oz can of Chicken Broth
Pancake Mix (and ingredients to mix)


Heat deep pan, and fry cubed chicken breast.


When cooked all the way through, add vegetables, broth, and soup and cook until warm.


Pour mixture into individual baking dishes.


Mix pancake mix according to directions on the box.


Drizzle pancake mixture over filling mixture.


Bake at 350, until crust is golden brown.


There you have it! I sprinkled herbs, and a little egg bath before it was ready to be taken out.
The crust is a wonderful mix of bread and pie crust. So so SO yummy.

Happy Fall to Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment