Monday, December 9, 2013

A Christmas Cold Can't Stop Cheer!

I love Christmas!! I'm not sure you could have gathered this from previous posts... I do though. It's been so great listening to Carols on the radio (106.9, my Seattle friends!), decorating the house, and saying "Happy Holidays" to all of my guest interactions at work. People are nicer, the weather is cooler (29 Degrees, burrr), and everything sparkles.

I had plans all week last week to get my Christmas tree on Saturday, and I was really looking forward to it. I grew up in Nevada, and we have only really had artificial trees... for practical reasons. This year Mr. OC insisted we go to a "U-Cut" farm to get a real tree. I was so excited. He knows his way around a saw, and is used to the fresh tree thing, so what could go wrong, right?

I got sick on Friday.

I mean, disgusting, dripping, sneezing, awful sick.

Saturday morning I woke up raring to go! "Woo, lebs do dis".... (that's what I sound like when I am sick). I was met with some resistance. "No, honey, let's go tomorrow, when you feel better". "No! I neeb my Christmas tree! We are so Scroogy ib our houbs."..... this went on and on until:

The stuffy nose voice always wins.
So, I may still be disgusting today, but it's so jolly in our house that I call it a win!

Worth it.

While we are talking about Christmas, here is a nifty make ahead recipe that I made a few years back:

Make-Ahead Melts

They are really yummy, but can be heavy first thing in the morning. My recommendation would be to have your first cup of coffee a while before, so your stomach is ready for the full meal that this little muffin turns out to be.

Of course, if you're anything like me, you're useless without that first cup anyway!

So with that, I leave you!

Happy Holidays, my dear friends :)

1 comment: