Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Help me plan my Honeymoon!

I just spent an exhausting three days helping my mom and sister sort through part of my late grandmother's estate. I just can't believe all the stuff that a household can acquire throughout the years. It's amazing.  I had gone down with the plan of cooking dinner every night and ended up being too exhausted to move! Haha. I did cook the first night down:


I love this dish, but I had a few problems with this recipe. Well, one. It was my fault. I was working with a pan that wasn't my own, and it wasn't heating evenly. By the time the sauce started to reduce, it went fast, and there was hardly any to go around. 

The flavors were great, and the chicken was moist and juicy... but I missed the sauce.

The second issue I had wasn't with this dish... I served this dish with:


SO SO yummy.... however, when you pair this with Piccata (which is lemon and capers) you end up with a lot of citric acid.

So, on our very busy weekend of working in a garage packed to the brim with treasures dating back to the 50s, I poisoned us with an overdose of citric acid!

Woo Hoo!!

I am enjoying my last week of no weeknight commitments. Come next week, I will start rehearsing my next show, The Elephant Man, with STAGEright here in the Emerald city. We go up in March, so keep your eyes and ears open. 

All in all I have very little to complain about at the moment. I am healthy, doubly employed, and very loved.

Speaking of which, I have a question for you guys... for my honeymoon:

VEGAS

or
AMUSEMENT PARKS

????


Help decide our fate.... and please let me know why you chose what you chose!













1 comment: